If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably already know I have a major girl crush on Emily Ratajowski. Her unique beauty and chic cool girl style are something that I really admire. She could literally make a paper bag look good. In this new series, "Style Steal", I am going to dissect some of my favorite celeb looks while putting my own spin to it. See below how I recreated Emily's casual aiport-esque fall look.
This look is totally achievable, and each of these pieces I have found over a series of time.
I feel style is an attitude, not a price tag. Regardless of your budget, you can literally find some of these pieces that your favorite "it girls" wear for a fraction of the price, and still look just as good (if not better!). Some of my most loved pieces in my closet are those I found for a steal. It's like looking for buried treasure!
1. White Tee - Every girl needs a loose white-T. It's a staple in my closet, and is the bones to any great outfit. I found this one at Madewell years ago, but found a similar option below.
Nordstrom Halogen Loose White Tee - $25
2. Black Ripped Skinny Jeans - Another staple you girls should own is a pair of black ripped skinny jeans. I bought this pair at Zara while in Chicago, and I may wear them a little too much. Perfect for those cool fall days while running errands with your kid.
3. Suede Moto Jacket - Ok, yall this is no lie one of my most valued items in my closet. This suede jacket I found for about $50 at Forever 21 around 7 years ago. I don't know how it's not real suede, but it sure feels and smells like it. That's why I love it! I couldn't find the exact one obviously, but found some pretty good alternatives. I wish they were $50, but they are great quality and one is up to 75% off!
4. Cool Girl Glasses - I call these cool girl glasses because that's exactly what they are! I love glasses, whether you need them or not. I think it's fun to experiment with different accessories! Sure they're not necessary, but neither are necklaces or jewelry. Just treat it like a hat or a watch, and own it! I love Emily's clear round ones, but found these cheap pairs at Forever 21 last week.
5. Le Boy Bag - I know I say everything is my favorite, but this bag really is. I had been scouring the internet looking for one of those Chanel Le Boy bags, but could never find one that wasn't over $1000... no thank you. So I found this cool one on Poshmark. It's not leather, but it's made of this unique jelly material. The girl I bought it from had all these different colors, and supposedly they are really popular in Asia. I thought the black was different yet still chic, and every time I wear it, girls will stop me to ask about it. Oh, and did I mention I got it for less than a hundred bucks?
6. Oxfords - These are pretty trendy right now, and when I got them, I really didn't know if I would wear them at the time. But they were in the clearance section for $30 at Saks Off 5th, so I had to get them?! I actually had to text my niece, and she confirmed they are cool and I would wear them. Thank goodness I listened to her, because I actually wear them all the time! I don't wear socks with them, as they are a little tight, but they do go with anything.
So, overall I loved recreating Emily's look, and you can easily too. Let me know your thoughts on my first "Style Steal", and what other celeb looks you would like to see me recreate for less!