If you are anything like me, you probably take hundreds if not thousands of video and pictures of your children on your phone, but never do anything with them. Sound familiar? You never print them out like you say, you never start on that baby book you promised yourself, and the time just seems to slip by, and you have still yet to find a way to keep and treasure those memories you have documented so abundantly.
Well, that ends today. Why not make a keepsake memory out of it? The team at UrLife Media takes all those photos and videos you've been saving on your phone, and turns your family vacation, birthday party, or special event into your very own movie trailer! I mean how cool is that?!? Pretty cool if you ask me.
Here is how it works:
1. Choose Your Event - Do you have a special trip you went on as a family? A family reunion coming up? A baby shower? Whatever your event may be, make sure it is something you would love to remember in a keepsake video. Whatever you choose, make sure there is plenty of content for it.
2. Create your Content - I naturally do this. I always want to save every moment I possibly can while Taylor is growing up. So depending on what your event is, get as much footage and photographs as possible. Even trying giving your husband the camera, so that you can be in some as well! Click here for some tips on how to shoot.
3. Choose your Package - UrLife Media has 4 different trailer packages. And depending on the amount of photos and videos you have, and your budget, you can choose what package works best for you and your family. Click here to see package options.
4. Upload your footage - This is the longest part of the process, but by far the most worthwhile. I had a lot of my footage on Dropbox, but they also have different methods of upload as well. I also had some footage from my Canon Camera that would have taken forever to upload via computer, so I just put it on a jump drive and FedEx'd it! It was so easy!
5. What's your focus - Their team will be in contact with you about what you want your overall feel of your video should be. Give them feedback! Let them know what you want the focus of the video to be on. Do you want it to be more about Family or Friends? What songs do you have in mind? Is there anything (or anyone) you don't want shown? Let them know.
6. Sit back and Wait - There are so many video apps out there that forget to use the human element. It's just thrown together with a slideshow of photos and special effects without any real thought behind it. In the end you get an average video with bells and whistles, ultimately forgetting the memory altogether. What's cool about UrLife's process is they use actual humans to edit your precious footage. So they focus on YOUR story. I appreciate the human effort. Hey, they even use real narrators too!
7. Watch your Masterpiece - There is nothing like watching your home video you shot yourself come to life! I literally started crying after watching ours. It is so special to see the memory you documented turn into a lifetime treasure that you can share and keep forever. There is no price tag on love, and especially YOUR memory.
To see more examples of UrLife's work, click here.