It seems like going "organic" is all the craze with new moms lately. And I have to admit I jumped on the bandwagon as well. While I was pregnant, I was constantly worrying about what I was eating, using or consuming, because I didn't want any chemicals to get inside me that could possibly hurt or harm my baby. And now that Taylor is here, I only want the best for her. So slowly but surely, I have turned a new "green" leaf. And that means the products I use on a day to day basis have changed a bit. Here are my top 5 "green" products I use almost every single day for Taylor.
1. The Honest Company - This is hands down my favorite online store for all natural baby products. We have a bundle service, so we get an order of diapers and wipes shipped directly to our home almost every month. Which in turn saves me a trip to the grocery store! Not only does the Honest Company have fun and fashionable non-toxic diapers & wipes, but they also have all natural cleaning & household products that are safe for both you and your baby. Their customer service is excellent, and they even have a handy dandy app you can customize your order from. You can choose different sizes & patterns, and there are no commitments or upfront fees. You can change or extend how often you order, and you only pay when your bundle is shipped. 6 pack diapers/4 pack of wipes - $79
2. Barlean's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Speaking of diapers... diaper rash is the worse. Actually a massive blow out is the worse, especially in public, but diaper rash is definitely a close second. When you look down and see your baby's bum is all red and chaffed, you feel like a bad parent. But it happens to everyone! Taylor usually has a tame tush, but after being sick this past January, and her being on antibiotics (insert sad face), I noticed her diaper rash took a turn for the worse. It looked almost if she had little bug bites all over her. I immediately googled it, (my advice don't google it), and turns out she had a yeast infection. My poor child!! I felt so terrible. So I googled how to naturally cure it. What I found was astonishing! COCONUT OIL was the answer. Yes the coconut oil you cook with is probably the best all natural product for healing your baby's burning bum! I immediately ran to my kitchen, swabbed some on her tush, and put her diaper on. Within hours, the red was gone! So instead of keeping it in my kitchen, I keep it in her diaper caddy in our living room. It seriously works wonders! Way better than Desitin, Buttpaste, and even Aquaphor! - $14
3. Seventh Generation's Multi-Surface Cleaner - After a long day of chasing my almost toddler around, I feel like I am constantly "cleaning up" after her, especially after meals. She eats about 3 meals a day with a small snack in between, so after she finishes, I have to clean up. After each feeding, I spray and wipe her meal tray down with this stuff. It's all natural ingredients puts me at ease knowing that she won't be ingesting any chemicals or food germs when she sits down to eat her next meal. The bottle sprays evenly and doesn't clog, and the cleaner has a pleasant lemongrass scent. At night, I spray the tray once more without wiping to disinfect. It kills over 99.99% of all household germs, specifically flu viruses including H1N1. Now that's what I call power in a bottle. - $5
4. California Baby Shampoo & Bodywash - I originally received this item as a gift during one of my baby showers. I'm not sure who gifted it, but if you are reading my blog, I thank you!! I got a ton of different brands so I have been trying to use them up to see which one is my favorite, and this one trumps them all! Not only is this stuff all natural, but the scent is delightful. We use the calming line in lavender, and every time I use it on Taylor I notice her skin is smoother, and her hair is softer. They even have some specifically for babies with sensitive skin or eczema, and those too have wonderful reviews. It comes in a really big pump bottle, and lasts a really long time. For the price it's totally worth it. - $19
5. Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets - Moms know when your little one is cutting a tooth, it can be a nightmare. So these little gems were a life saver when Taylor was teething. I used to use the baby Orajel, till I heard that it actually delays the tooth from coming in, and I also wasn't a huge fan of the "numbing" aspect. I wanted to give her something all natural that could still ease her pain. So in addition to frozen washcloths, and lots of nursing, I would pop a couple of these homeopathic tablets under her tongue, and her fussy cries soon turned into playful laughs. Even if you are skeptical it's worth a try for the price point. - $9
What all natural or "green" products do you use for your baby? I would love to know! Leave a comment below!