Q: "My friend and I are both 5 months pregnant, our typical outfit is a baggy shirt and sweatpants, how can we look/feel good with a big pregnant belly?" - Rocky W.
I absolutely love this question because it was the perfect opportunity for me to take some beautiful pictures of my sister! She is in her third trimester, and she seems to pull of pregnancy with ease! When I was pregnant last year it was extremely difficult with the winter months. Not only did I feel like a house, but I had to layer on the clothes because of how cold it was; needless to say I felt even larger! So being pregnant in your final months can be difficult, but it doesn't mean your wardrobe should suffer as well. And with fall just around the corner, now is the perfect time to dress up your maternity style. Her are a few pieces my sister wore:
1. Maxi Dress. A maxi dress during the summer months while pregnant can be your best friend. And even better, you can wear it next summer when you are not! This navy green dress from Dorothy Perkins is a nice purchase, and it can be worn season after season.
2. Long Vest. This style of vest might look funny on the average person, but it is the perfect accessory for the pregnant woman. My sister has a couple of these, and they look really cute with a cinched belt.
3. Gold Jewelry. I wear more gold jewelry than the average grandmother. But instead of traditional pieces, there are some great newer trendy pieces out now. Some of the jewelry my sister wore here are this beautiful gilded arrow bracelet and faux diamond studs.
4. Empire Belt. Every pregnant woman needs an empire waist belt. It is the cherry on top on the belly. This one here from old navy is the perfect way to pull together any look.
5. Jesus Flats. Or Gladiator sandals, whichever floats your boat. I love the ones Linsey wore here from Target because they go with both black and brown. And when your pregnant who wants to wear heels? Seriously.
To me, there's nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman. Especially my sister. Special thanks to her for letting me snap some gorgeous pics of her!